Life lately, in a nutshell.
*Well, a tiny fraction of it.
- I have spent so much mulling over whether or not I made the “right” call on something, I almost forgot I was allowed and quite encouraged to walk forward in faith, knowing God will be with me. I even wrote about this in the Divine Detours series. Goes to show we never stop needing direction, and we never just arrive, having it all figured out.
- I am melodramatic on the inside. Okay...on the outside sometimes too. Most of my life I’ve worked through pain and unruly emotions by way of notepad and pen. In Being Undone to Become, it was me doing just that, last week. Life is just plumb hard sometimes. I am thankful for so much, but also thankful for the freedom to take what can’t be easily rounded out, and put it into spoken word. Even sung. One of my favorite ways to work through sorrow, grief, hurt, and yes–praise, is to write it all down, and/or sing it. How do you best deal?
- God beautifully orchestrated someone to take my place as children’s Sunday school teacher as I stepped in to to help with our church’s youth ministry. I feel completely unqualified and yet at the same time, I can see where he might have been seasoning me for this. Puhlease–lift me up in your prayers. I can’t even put into words how much I need them. There is a vision, but I have to practice what I have been writing about. Oh to live what we say! ^_^
- I will possibly be heading up the church’s Ladies Day this Spring, so pray he gives me the message he wants us all to hear. I have opened up for someone before, and two years ago I gave a message on a Wednesday night, but this will be my first time with more than a few peeps, at an event. Cover me in prayers and I am you too!
- Book Two: Wild Hope ended at 70 chapters (68,000ish wordzzzz) and I am proofing as much as I can before sending to my ARC readers.
- I have battled guilt having had to put my phone on block mode to block all calls minus the school and the hubs, and even texts. I made this move a while back. It is activated from 8pm-4pm the next day, leaving a tiny window, and even then I am doing chores, lingering homework, dinner + more. Doing this was supposed to relieve me of the guilt I struggle with, but it comes and goes. I am in this awkward place where I am embracing what I am supposed to be focusing on, but still learning to flick away the negative voices; the lies. Does anyone still deal with this? Do you have tips or verses specifically to help combat these? *By the way I am still going down the line replying to emails. Please forgive me for the delays. Hopefully soon I can take a few days to recoup and catch up. xoxoxo
Sleepy eyes doth normally shut by 9pm. Thouest broketh the rules lately. *See below. Can you tell? And I think an eyebrow wiped off.
SMALL TOWN SECRETS
Wild Hope ~ Book Two
Kindle pre-order| Releases March 7, 2019 | Paperback coming soon
Six years have passed since these childhood friends last saw one another, but when rubber meets the road, loyalty fights hard. #inspirationalromance
♥ Pin It With Love ♥
#TeaAndWord family-friendly link-up below.
- We help you find focus, encourage you along your journey, & help promote your offering to the world.
- We do reviews, interviews, & social media blurbs. (books, products, career/ministry)
- We feature a writer each Tuesday unless otherwise noted for vacation/holidays.
- Looking for a place to guest post? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea.
- Need a blog badge?
- Read our TOS & Core Value Statement.
Join other pen-wielding creatives right here, Tuesdays 7 am CST.
“Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.” Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
For God’s word to further develop in us, & to hear + obey.