Many virtual hugs and shout outs of thanks to the following for nominating me for The Blogger Recognition Award: Julie from unmaskingthemess.com |Kelly from KellyRBaker.com | Jessica from inspirethemom.com
Check out their blogs (you won’t regret it!) and here we go…
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Write a post to show your award. Tada!
- Give a brief story of how your blog commenced.
- Give two pieces of blogging advice.
- Thank the one who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
How This Blog Began
I actually began blogging when Facebook was born, but let’s not go back that far. I have been through enough blogs that if I told you everything you’d have a full on man beard by the end of it. THIS blog came about when I changed faithadventures.me to a business. I chose my name because I hope to always write and it seemed to make sense. I chose TheBloggingWriter.com to market with since (I’m a writer who blogs) my name is tediously long and hard to remember. All of the recent has been in the last 2 years.
My Best Blogging Advice
#1 Don’t Get Caught Up In The Numbers
I know, I know. This is important because if people don’t find you then why bother? Well, I will tell you why bother. Because writing is also a healing agent, not just for other but for yourself. Just because you may not think anyone else is reading what you wrote, doesn’t mean God can’t use what you wrote to work about change and growth within you.
So, don’t get caught up in the numbers, yo. Just do your thang without worry or your joy may fall flat and we don’t want that.
#2 Take Your Time
This one is a cousin to the first. I have been there, done that. When you try to rush growth (the blog kind and personal kind), and rush learning (again, both) — it’s like using a chemical to manipulate something that is much more tasteful and healthy when grown organically. Ahem, don’t rush through this. There’s a reason I am telling you this.
When we think everyone else is doing the right thing and we must be doing the wrong thing, it becomes easy to continually discount your own good work. Don’t. Yes we need to work to grow, but not at the expense of walking on the path we personally are called to walk. So walk, don’t run.
Need more blogging advice? I don’t deem myself a pro by any means but you can sign up for this 10 week ecourse (devotional-style) called Writing from Rest. It’s free.
Honoring Bloggers with the Blogger Recognition Award
And the nominees are….
- Aimee from Middle Mercies | I was so blessed by her self-care posts.
- Christina Hubbard from Creative & Fee | Poetry, prose + faith intertwined.
- Neca Smith of The Great BIG Life | She inspires & challenges, teaches & encourages.
- Soul Refreshed Journey | Uplifting words of faith
- Debbie Putman from Uncharted Water | Shares personal experiences, rooted in faith.
- Alice Williams from Walking in Word | I met Alice at a writer’s retreat this year & she has a heart to share God’s goodness!
- Bettie from Bettie’s R A Seasons | One of the few bloggers I have known the longest, she shares her journey through struggles & growth in a gentle way.
- Anita Ojeda from Helping You Find What Nurtures You | I met Anita at the above retreat as well. She is warm hearted & brimming with joy & life. She brings out the kid in you no kidding!
- Kristin Hill Taylor from Porch Stories | I love her blog’s theme and what her family stands for. xoxo
- Heather Marshal from Recollected Design | I grew closer to Heather through an online Bible study…her talent, heart, and words bless a soul.
- Emily J. M. from Called To Watch | Her servant’s heart shines through her words as she supports those with chronic illness.
- Jill Hoven of Follow Where His Footprints | She writes faith building content especially for the moms.
- Valerie Sisco from Grace With Silk | I have known Valerie for about 2 years now. She led an online study (see above) and I feel as if I know her in person. Maybe one day we can meet up for lattes? She shares all things travel, coffee, style…doused in faith. Her storytelling will hook you in, beware!
In the words of Kelly R. Baker ” May God expand your territory for His glory! Go ahead and share this post and let your friends know you’ve been nominated!”
Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10 ESV